Our nurse and physicians are always happy to talk with you about anything concerning your child. If we don't have the answers, we will help you find them. As part of that mission, we include here a wide array of on-line resources which will help give you the information that you are seeking.
- Help with Sick Children
- Medical Information About Children
- Healthy Children - For parents, from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- WikiPediatrics - Editable information about children's health
- Children's Hospital of Illinois, Peoria
- AAP Library - A-Z children's health topics in everyday language
- Vitamin K and Bleeding in Newborns
- Genetics Home Reference - Your guide to understanding genetic conditions, from the National Institutes of Health
- Newborn Screening in Illinois - Clear descriptions of the genetic diseases which Illinois looks for in newborns
- Lice - Everything you need to know about home diagnosis, treatment and prevention of head lice
- Orthopedic Conditions and Injuries - Info and advice about joints and bones from Central Illinois' Advanced Rehab
- Broader Medical Information
- Public Health, Including Vaccines
- Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention
- McLean County Health Department
- Illinois Departmet of Public Health
- Vaccine Questions Answered - A 6-minute video from the CDC
- Immunization Action Coalition - Reliable objective information about vaccines
- Allied Vaccine Group - Valid scientific data about vaccines
- From an Unvaccinated Mom - What it can be like to grow up without vaccinations
- Travelers' Health Issues - From the CDC
- Information on All Types of Medications - From the National Institutes of Health
- Hot Topics in Vaccines - From Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- "Vaccines: Calling the Shots" - 2014 video from PBS looking at how parents decide what do do about vaccines
- Child Safety
- Healthy Diet and Activity
- Healthy Low-Fat Diet for Families - Practical ideas for reducing fat and cholesterol intake
- "The President's Fitness Challenge"
- Games for Kids - Physical and mental, indoors and outdoors--from "PBS Kids"
- "Calorie King" - Helping us balance intake and activity
- Fiber content of foods in common portions
- "ChopChop" - Cooking fun with kids!
- Nutrition and Supplements for the Young Athlete - What's healthy and what's not
- How to Increase Iron in Your Child's Diet - How iron works in the body and where to find it in foods
- Calcium: the Teen Bone-Builder - Is your teenager getting enough calcium?
- Vitamin Supplements and Children - What is healthy? What is safe?
- Allergies and Asthma
- Behavioral Health
- CHADD- Resources for people with ADHD
- American Association of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - Topics in behavioral health of children and youth
- Vanderbilt Teacher ADHD Questionnaire
- Vanderbilt Parent ADHD Questionnaire
* Bloomington Pediatrics and Allergy provides these links for your information and convenience. What you do with this information is your choice. We take no responsibility for the results of actions which you take based on information found at any of the sites listed here.
- Schedule an Appointment
- Access Your Patient Portal
- New Patients
- Dietary Suggestions, 0-2 Years
- Healthy Low-Fat Diet for Families
- Parent-Friendly Vaccine Schedule
- Illinois Child Car Seat Laws
- Fever Without Fear
- Acetaminophen Dosing
- Ibuprofen Dosing
- Medical Records Release
- Patient Privacy Information
What symptoms mean
and how to treat them.
Reliable, practical info